Instead of a review
1. For the recent 50 years among historic publications there arouses interest voluminous work by Grandmaster Judasin L.G. "The Millennial Myth of Chess" Moscow, 2004, 606 pg. It is indisputable that the author labored as a titan to light up the history of chess, reasons of its origin and spreading. The Readers is interesting to know what new facts were revealed by the author against a background of the previous publications... What are recourses of culturology of multimeasured chess: their aesthetic and linguistic aspects art and modeling of life, attitudes of man and player, mathematical and philosophical symbolism, deformation, genius and health of chessplayers, psychic aspects, of the future of chess coupled with computerization (everything is strictly in accord with the table of contents). The themes of problems raised are so wide that there were peace for five independent works by A.Shashin, V.Afanasiev, M.Nekrasov, I.Bronshtein and E.Sveshnikov. In a foreword the author expresses gratitude to 78 persons whose advices and services he used. Perhaps the many page collection should be edited as two-three separate books... Let us put aside culture logical aspects and appraisals which often have no clear-cut criteria and purely individual and consider author's contribution into the historical thread-line, chapters 1, 2, 3, II.
2. In discussing temporal migrations of peoples, confusion of languages and religions, interpenetration of cultures the author inserts in every opportune case: "Jews"(p.38), "Jewish tradition"(p.43), "Jewish midrashi" (version) (p.44), "Jewish culture", "Jewish sages", Christianity and Judaism, "My people spread chess"(p.80), "Jews spiritualize the matter"(p.113), "Jews of the Menashe tribe returning now from South India brought such kept 3,6 thousand years (!) game"(draughts, p.37), "only knowing occult teaching man can play chess well(the talk is about Cabbala - author's foot-note from the Myth...,p.120). One feels an irresistible longing to ask: Why did the author himself move away from the ancient source of Cabbala, Thora and Bible to the USA? "Still more, Jew Al Maaverdi, Tsar Solomon". Yes, Tsar Solomon taught prophetically that the Jews are God-elect. They should have a go at apothecaries and pharmacists, usurers and merchants, employees... What will bring power, might (power) of money in future. In the recent history the humanity experienced on itself such racist ideas from "Mein Kampf" which turned out a tragedy of German and Jewish peoples, singing other ethnoses as well. Would the author of the Myth not confuse Reader's audiences? Let us continue: "Author wants education on all hypotheses and fantasies (? - our sign) being current in academic media (p.64). And what is then the meaning of the millennial myth of chess? The answer is downright simple: "... beginning of the "Mythological paradigm at the Semitic peoples, limit is monotheism of Jews, interpretations by anyone who feels like it" (p.36). Well, what else? It is quite bold and tasty, but there are in our opinion scanty arguments.
3. In discussing typical images of chessplayers the author personally has drawn David's star, its symbolism in esotery reflects reality of two power and energy triangles around the bodies of man and woman. Such graphic application of the Star of David by the author of the Myth is not were founded what is not permitted even to the Grandmaster.
4. In respect to the philosophic and mystic symbolism of chess (chapter 9) the author does not observe two sixes out of three from a number of the Beast which coincide with the number 606 of the system of habitation and ascension of mortals, Satania (register № 606 by a book "Urantia", reg. number of the planet Earth is № 5.342.482.337.666). Let us hope that author of the Myth affects the feelings christians and the civilized world, we cite: the initiator of Christianity (Jesus Christ, our sign) at first secretly (??) studied in India, and he evaded death (?? - terminology of Judasin L.G. ) going to Tibet (?? - our signs).
Reference: Jesus Christ in youth was really in Tibet, in monasticon chronicles he is marked under the name of Issa, and after his death, resurrection and ascension he went to India, a final way is town of Shrinagar, where from the cross of servicing to the humanity was taken on them selves by his two sons. Even then there was noted tolerance and understanding for believers of other confessions in India. ("Christ. Messages to the awaking humanity.")
5. Flowery language eccentricity and bombastic bosh in describing events of antiquary forms of chess and folk plays and players are so frequent in the text notions are so illogical "this or that one has to think over what the author has in view. If you don't think over, you don't understand!" (Out of professor Karmin's foreword who referred "The Millennial Myth of Chess" to a fiction essay, p.8) Here are examples of the author's phraseology: "tactichar (??) Rudolf Spielmann" (p.80), "somebody could dotumkat" (p.54), "pass back over head" and other things. In a critical heat of the Myth one could find place for "sailor Zheleznyak, TsRU (CIB - Central Intelligence Bureau) and Dzerzhinsky square" (p.56) and other verbal labels. Having run encyclopedically other secrets of the culture of peoples, the history of chess, generations of chessplayers the author finishes the first chapter: "You, Reader, are pricking up your ears, - I am lying and fibbing" (p.62). It is indisputable that the book is made worse without a bibliographical list of the literature used. It seems that associates in the clan of chessplayers G.Kasparov and A.Khalifman have hurried with the land forewords, as we suppose, without making acquaintance with 606 - page essay. In the end, the Reader will find a lot of interesting facts and the author will improve the marked deficiencies in the second edition.
6. It stands out by itself the work of Master A.Shashin "Chess and Metachess" which considers material, time and space of chess, its methodology by means of criteria of big numbers and principles of the Universe.8.06.04